Sunday, March 10, 2013

Flashback to 2010: No more blanket!

Now most people are going to think I'm mean because I took away my daughters blanket. But let me fill you in on a few details. Some kids suck on binkies, some on thumbs. My FeFe decided at a very young age (1 month) to suck on a very soft, plush blanket. She would take this blanket and CRAM as much of it as she could into that tiny mouth of hers and suck away. That is the only way she would fall asleep. And normally this wouldn't have been a problem except for two small things. First, she would not sleep without it. If if had every been lost or misplaced, we would have been in real trouble. Thankfully, it was never too far. The second problem was that she ate food. Problem you say? Yes, because some food is always left behind in the mouth, hence left behind on said blanket. Yummy, I know.





Anyway, we promised her all kinds of things (treats, candy, swing set, trampoline) to convince her to stop but nothing was promising enough to entice her.  Until we mentioned a friend party at the bouncy house.  Yep, that's all it took.  Three friends, two hours of bouncing, and McDonalds for lunch.  If only her dad could be bought so easily!




And with that, no more blanket!  It makes an appearance every now and then, but thankfully it is never in her mouth!

1 comment:

McKell H. Costa said...

Love this! I love seeing fefe so small! and I love that you are back to blogging! (I really use mine as a journal hahaha!)