Sunday, February 8, 2009

For my Dad!

I'm no poet but this is for you, Dad!

My Dad

As the years go by 
And my time with you
Is only a moment or two,
I have to reflect on all the ways
you taught me to be true.

Thank you for the love,
All the hugs and all the kisses.
Thank you for the chores
And making me wash the dishes.
Thank you for the lessons
And teaching me to drive the car.
Thank you for the discipline
So I knew you weren't that far.

I couldn't be the person I am,
The mother and wife I've grown to be,
Without the love of my father.
Dad, you'll always be special to me.

I love you and miss you very much!!  Happy 60th Birthday!


Sofie and Grandpa at the park!!
Now what could this be?
It's so BIG!
A duffle bag?
But wait, there's more!
Ta Da!  The thing memories are made of!  Thank you for the awesome Lincoln Logs!!  They will provide hours and hours of entertainment for years to come!


No comments: