Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Here's to my Sunshine!

I definitely do not give enough praise to my wonderful husband! I find that most of my entires are focused on my kids and I forget to mention the one who keeps me sane! So, just so you all can see how amazing he is, I will tell you a crazy story. We decided to paint our family room and living room and set it all up so we would be childless from 1 pm to 8 pm on a Saturday (7 hours, that's enough time, right?). So, we start painting. It takes a little longer than planned but by 6 o'clock we're almost done with the family room. We get ready to start on the kitchen. Curtice vigorously shakes the can of paint and then stirs it with a stir stick. We do the edging (maybe 45 minutes pass). We go back to the paint can and it looks all good (note: we only stirred the paint for the family room once and painted out of the can over a 3 hour period) so we dump it into the roller pan and start painting the main part of the walls. About half hour later, Curtice stirs the can again and then dumps more into my cup for edging. We have now taken from the can 3 times over about an hour and a half time frame. I start painting more edging and as I do we can't help but notice that the edges look so much different. Hmm. At about 8 pm we realize there's a problem. We have used over half the gallon of paint, the kitchen is 90 % complete, and there are 3 (count them 1, 2, 3) different shades of brown on our walls. All we can figure out is that this specific paint requires blender-like stirring. When Curtice stirred the first time it didn't get all the dark off the bottom so the first color was very light. Then he dumped out without stirring again (who stirs every 20 minutes?) and took most the light color out, and we finished by painting the dark pigment on the ceiling edging. Anyway, to make a long story longer, I was exhausted by this time, and Curtice was mad. I wanted to go to bed, he wanted to try to fix it, something I thought was impossible. So he comes up to me and says, "Go to bed and when you wake up in the morning you will have a beautiful kitchen.". I didn't believe him but I was exhausted so I said okay and off to bed I go. This is about 11 pm. At 3 am he crawls into bed. And do you know what? He was right! In the morning I woke up to beautiful kitchen!! I love you, Curtice! Thank you for always making me happy!!

3 comments:

Danielle Weathers said...

Ahhhhh! What a nice husband!

Leslie Behunin said...

I hope you gave him a 'bye week" for church on Sunday!!! It sounds like he earned it! :)

Zappe Family said...

That's really sweet. Now you'll have to post pictures of your kitchen.